Polavision instruction manual



In a car-boot-sale I bought a Polavision movie camera - the 8mm instant movie format made by Polaroid. This is its instruction manual, featuring a brilliant drawing of the strange double lamp that fits onto the top of the camera. I haven't used the camera yet, although there was an unused Polavision cartridge that came with it. I would appreciate any information about recent users of out-of-date Polavision filmstock...

I think the drawing is very much in the style of the early XIII comics. There is a mysterious interactive website made by Dargaud about the comic: www.treize.com

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there, not sure when this article was posted, but I have been given a Polavision camera with a film cartridge. Is there a way to tell if it has been used? It was stored in a freezer with other unused super 8 cartirdges which makes me think it is unexposed.

Thanks,
Dylan

Dino Everett said...

Look at the film on the bottom of the cartridge it will either say "unexposed" or "rerun" if it has been
exposed.....